Friday, August 19, 2011

Ice Cream Sunday

By West Village Bill

This Sunday is Ice Cream Sunday at the New Amsterdam Market at the old Fulton Fish Market. For 25 smackers, you'll get to try eight flavors produced by ice cream makers from New York and the surrounding region, including Ben Van Leeuwen of Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream, Fany Gerson of La Newyorkina and Gabrielle Carbone of Princeton, New Jersey's The Bent Spoon. For 10 bucks more, you'll get 10 mini cones instead of eight, and you'll be able to start eating at noon instead of 1. Proceeds benefit the market itself, which gives an amazing variety of local vendors a chance to sell their wares. You must buy tickets in advance.

I'm going with my sister, Tracey, and my nephews, Mike and Matt. I'm hoping, though I'm not going to bet, that they'll tell me no one else's ice cream can beat Uncle Bill's. :-)


Cone illustration via the New Amsterdam Market website

1 comment:

  1. Why am I just finding this blog?! So great! I'll see you at the New Amsterdam Market!

    ReplyDelete