Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Our Night At Studio 54


Linda Morand, Tilal Imani, and David Frank Ray

Having been to the opening night of the original Studio 54, I was excited to attend "One Night Only" with my friends Linda Morand, Jane Thorvaldson and Tilal Imani. It was a mad scene with celebs galore (Cameron Diaz, Susan Lucci, Issac Mizrahi to name just a few that I saw) and I had forgotten just how grand looking the old space was with it's chandeliers etc. Where there used to be white banquettes to lounge on with the likes of Andy Warhol, Liza, and Halston there are now theater seats. But the dance floor remained the same except there were no lights swirling about from above and no moon man with a coke spoon to ogle. And the crowd dancing away to 1970s hits seemed just a little more frantic then I remembered......but all in all it was a fun time. Ah yes I remember it well!

1 comment: