Thursday, June 17, 2010

See Michael Hartney Tonight

I hear that this show is mined from the blog Michael Hartney used to do called So I Like Superman

So I Like Superman: A One-Nerd Show



Time:
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Location:
Street:
307 W. 26th Street
City/Town:
New York, NY

Description

In 1938, at the height of the great depression, the world was introduced to the greatest hero of all time.

In 1982, at the height of my mother's post-partum depression, that character was introduced to the biggest, gayest nerd of all time.

In So I Like Superman, writer/performer/comic book nerd Michael Hartney tells the secret origin of his lifelong obsession with the Man of Steel, oddly mirroring the plot of "Superman: The Movie".

You will believe a nerd can believe a man can fly.

Directed by Chris Kelly
Videos by Dustin D'Addato
Phone Booth by Guy Patton
Tickets: A paltry $5

1 comment:

  1. Dang!! I'm heading down to the Old Reliable gallery show on 10th Ave. this evening, otherwise I'd be there. I loved his blog.

    And strangely enough, one of his commercials is running on TV in Chicago. I started jumping around my hotel room, screaming "I read his blog, I read his blog!" Then realized I was talking to myself and had to quiet it down a bit.

    ReplyDelete