Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New from Daryl Hall

Do you remember Hall and Oates?

Here's a new song from "the blonde one".

My crowd was always conflicted as to which of the duo was the hotter. I vacillated. To me, they were visually a sexed-up Simon and Garfunkel, and I always wanted to imagine them as lovers even though they are widely reported to be straight.

The new song is very chipper with some hints of what I loved about their music. It makes me, with some hesitation, want to hear more of his album before proclaiming it satisfying or disappointing.

1 comment:

  1. i wasn't a fan back in the 80s (it didn't fit in with all that punk and ska music i was listening to) but recently i became to respect him tremendously when daryl started doing these "live from daryl's house" concerts with a whole slew of guest musicians. well worth the visit.

    http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/

    ReplyDelete